Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Music ...

Anyone who reads my blog often, or those that read it before it moved to this site, know that I make a lot of references to music ... music is an absolutely amazing source of everything to me ... it's amazingly therapeutic ... and it amazes me how one song can change over time to fit different stages of your life, or relationship ... there's a quote ;

"you can tell more about a woman from the lyrics in her favorite songs than you can from any words that come out of her mouth"

I think that is so amazingly true, I have had the image on my MySpace forever, and now on this blog that says "music says the words we're too afraid to speak out loud" and to a large extent that's true .. I have songs that make me happy, songs I turn to when I'm sad, songs that may have literally saved my life ...

My music collection is huge, with over 10,000 songs, ranging from classical to country to hard rock to rap ... I have a few that I would classify as "in" my favorite songs .. my actual favorites vary depending on the point of my life that I'm in, and other things, but I figured I would share some of the songs with you that have meant the most to me in my life ... songs that may have changed me, saved me, moved me ... I am very lyrical ... I am about the meaning behind a song, which is why my taste is so eclectic ... but yes, the following songs have meant a lot to me ... I think there is something in them that is real, but at the same time hopeful ... an acknowledgment of loss, fear, pain, but also of hope ... Chasing Cars may actually be my favorite song ever ... it has a very deep meaning that many may miss, it can be taken as spiritual or romantic ... but the words "those three words are not enough" ... followed by the unsureness of how they will make it, with the surety that they will make it together ... it's a song about uncertainty and certainty at the same time .. and then to me the blaring chorus means everything ... isn't that what we all want from the loves of our life? ... someone that will just lay there with us ... forget the rest of the world and just lay there with us ... not forever, not always, obviously, but someone that will ... Speeding Cars .. ironically after chasing them we speed them lol ... is full of realities of life that we all face .. things that may bring on depression, etc., ... the song reminds us that we are not alone in these feelings ... they exist for all ... and finally Breathe (2 am) .. also a song about the lessons in life, the frustrations of our personal relationships and a reminder that we are not alone in our pain, in our sorrow, or in our hope ... like I said, these songs are "in" my favorite songs but are far from the only songs I would consider favorites ... in my lyrical nature I will find songs from every genre over time to share with all of you ... you will find references to music constantly in my blogs ... that's just who I am ...













Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...