Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Solitude ...

There are times in my life when I realize, more than others, how important my alone time is, how important my solitude is ... and it's such a balance because I am a very social creature as well ... but I do my best at almost everything when I am totally, completely, and absolutely alone ... cleaning, writing, organizing, unpacking, the list goes on and on ...  there are obvious exceptions ... things that require more than one person to do could be named in multitude, but since all the examples I can think of at this exact moment would imply that my head is clearly in the gutter I won't name any of them ...

But ... for the last week, my kids and I have been sick ... they have been home from school all week .. and being nicely unemployed at the present moment ... and sick myself ... I have been home with them ... so 24/7 ... for going on five days ... of literally not one minute of solitude ... so ... this is what that means ... my house ... okay, okay my area of the house that I live in is totally trashed .... I haven't been blogging as much ... I have a list of
chores to do outside the house a mile long and none of them have been done ...

I find myself staying up later at night ... because it's just so quiet ... and peaceful ... and there are sick children sleeping all around me so I can't do anything productive .. you know like vacuum .. or even pick up toys and trash ... it's noisy business .... on top of just not having any time alone, I also have been sick myself adding to this growing problem ... I have my kids with me (meaning they won't be traveling to their dad's) for the next eight days ... so there is no break in sight, except maybe Monday they will be well enough to go to school ... but that's still three more days of 24 hours a day of basically no peace, no solitude, which makes me highly unproductive ...


Sure, I've been gaming .. leveling an alt in WoW, because it's something I can do in five minutes here, five minutes there, nobody will be mad if I disappear for an hour to deal with sick kids or to take care of the few chores I have taken care of ... but really, I am starting to resent the fact that I don't have any solitude, and maybe that should make me feel guilty, but it doesn't ... I need that peace ... again, like in previous posts about guilt ... I am looking forward to having an abundance of solitude to try to take care of the many things that I do best when I'm completely alone ...
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...