Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Contact

I think even the strongest of women sometimes need to have the man in their life be their man. There's a line from a Shania Twain song; the woman in me, needs the man in you. I can completely understand that line.

I am a very physical person anyway, author Gary Chapman wrote a book on the 5 love languages and I come out pretty strongly on the physical side. Despite this I think even those that don't lean that way sometimes need contact.

There are times when I feel like I just need to be held, to feel the strength of my man's arms, the smell of his skin. Despite how that might sound it's not even remotely sexual (although it could be), it's just sheer human contact. The brush of a hand, the warmth of a hug, just the security that comes with being held.

I have had a few stressful days, that have emphasized the fact that I am now in a long distance relationship, and that contact is harder to come by. Sure, I have my kids, my mom, my cats; but it's just not the same, it's not the same level of security or strength; for my kids I'm sure that it has that meaning to them, and there is security in the snuggles of my children, but it's still not the same.

I am a pretty strong girl, woman whatever female term you want to use, but there are times when I just need to be weak, to be vulnerable, to just be held. This is something I will have to get used to for the foreseeable future, as sharing a city, nonetheless home, with him is something out of reach right now.

2 comments:

Miss Ash said...

I'm a big fan of non-sexual contact.
And I think it can come from anyone-- not just your partner.

That's one thing that girlfriends are really good for. Hugs aren't the only thing, but sitting together, holding hands, laughter... it's all good for the spirit.

E said...

I am too ... and there is a HUGE difference between intimacy and sex, although they can exist together. I could right a whole new blog about that lol hmmmmm ;)

I think there is a level of security that only exists from a significant other or a REALLY good friend, but physical contact period is amazing ..

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...