Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back from the interview ...

The interview went really well I think, they are going to call me in a few days to do what's called a "job preview" ... sounds like it's basically an 8 hour shift, where I don't get paid and don't do anything for liability reasons, but I shadow another caregiver (not all are CNAs there), to see how it all works and to see if the staff that I meet that day thinks I'm a good fit.

I guess some history, since this is a relatively new blog ... I am a Certified Nursing Assistant, which means basically I do the grunt work of nursing, cleaning stuff up (bodily fluids wise), helping people on and off the toilet, helping them bathe, etc., I previously have worked in two nursing homes, this place I applied at is an assisted living home, and the workload definitely looks and sounds different. They don't wear scrubs, the places I worked before I couldn't imagine being in without scrubs, seriously bodily fluids all day long, they have an executive chef instead of just "cooks," where I worked before all staff had to have BLS (basic life support) certifications, here they don't do CPR on the premises  .. they call 911 ..., where I worked before there were RNs 24/7, here there is an RN 40 hours a week, and LPNs from 8am to 8pm and that's it ... so very, very different .. and it pays more ... I won't say that this place looks like the work will be easier, but definitely different than nursing homes I've worked at in the past.

I'm kind of excited, I hope they call back soon ... they do start all their new people at part-time and then promote to full-time from within their group of part-timers, so maybe I'll be looking at two part-time jobs .. maybe .. GameStop? lol ...
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...