Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Disturbing Thoughts ...

Okay, so I'm kind of angry about this ... so if this is kind of discombobulated, I apologize in advance .... this girl is truly disturbing ... I chose to embed this video rather than her original because honestly I don't want to give her more attention ...








First and foremost, let me say that I am a cradle Lutheran ... ELCA ... not LCMS .... trust me there's a difference .... a rather large one ... but my point in that being .... that I am a Christian, baptized, first communioned, confirmed, parochial school graduated, my kids are baptized ... and while I logically doubt pieces and I personally believe that the Bible is partly metaphorical fiction ... proverbs if you will ... I do believe in the Christian God ... I believe that Jesus walked this earth as the Son of God ... and that the symbolism in Him dying on the cross for our sins is an incredibly important part of my religion ... so in other words, yes, I am a Christian ... I am a believer .... but I am sick and tired of extremists giving Christianity a bad name ... the God I believe in is loving ... not to be feared ... I don't think he cares about every single action or thought or whatever we do ... because even being a supernatural spirit, there are way too many people on this
earth for God to be involved to that extent ...I know many people that say that God cares about every little detail ... or God doesn't ... and that's fine ... we are all entitled to our own beliefs .... but I get kind of sick of people thanking God that he somehow willed their basketball team to win ... or win that award or bless one couple with a child while another remains unable to conceive ...  meaning God plays favorites? It's ridiculous ... at least to me ...


But this girl crossed a line ... even if she was acting ... to say that her prayers willed thousands of people to die to prove God's existence ... and she's talking about atheists ... but what's funny is the bulk of Japan is not atheist ...  it's pathetic and wrong to think that she is somehow more important than those poor people finding their loved ones out there dead ... their lives in ruin ... the dangers of radiation poisoning and nuclear meltdown practically imminent .... who does she think she is?

I am also a little perturbed by the people predicting the end of the world .... calling out things from Mayan predictions, the Book of Revelations, and other religious texts ... the end of the world will come eventually ... we know that ... but here's my thing for the people that truly believe that either by Easter this year or by December 2012 that the human race will no longer exist ... why do you go to work every day still? go to school? save for your retirement? buy ... well ... anything? why continue to have children? ... just to watch them die? .... why do all these things if you really believe the world will no longer be here sometime in the next twenty-two months?  ... for those that are on the extreme ends like the Woody Harrelson character in the movie 2012 ... that are living in trailers and such just waiting ... I actually have more respect for you and your beliefs, because it's clear you truly believe in what you are saying ... but as for me I believe that the human race has come to a point with technology and knowledge ... that we probably could do something like send Bruce Willis and Ben Afleck in to space to blow up an asteroid headed this way ... we probably are capable of dealing with a nuclear fallout ... not all of us ... not the majority of us ... but some members of the human race would find a way to survive ... I think we have the technology to survive as a human race under most circumstances .... but if Revelations is coming this spring ... or the world will end next December ... then I guess that I will be proven wrong ... but I will be dead ... and probably won't care ...

And while I'm on this kick about religious extremists ... can I just say that since the death of Matthew Sheppard I have hated the Westboro Baptist Church and all they stood for ... I can't believe that they continue to have followers at all ... but they do ... and that is both frightening and sickening ... but I guess for some it's easier to believe in a vengeful God than a loving one ... so they can do their thing ... I'll do mine ...

End .. soapbox ...
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...