Search This Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Art School ... FTW ...

Okay, so those of you that follow my blog regularly know that I have issues with the fact that my two daughters are two very different individuals ... I struggle with labeling them as the "academic one" and the "creative one" because I don't want to pigeon hole them ... I don't want them to think that I'm calling the one that more naturally excels at academics and is actually interested in it "smarter" than the other ... because that's not true ... she applies herself differently ... and different ... is okay ...

But ... all that being said ... my "creative one" is looking at an amazing prospect in a school ... an art school ... public mind you ... I couldn't afford private ... that is for grades 6 through 12 ... she'll have to apply and have recommendations from some of her current teachers ... and
then audition ... but she's going in to focus on visual arts ... so her audition is drawing a still life and then drawing a creative piece of her own ... I know she has the talent ... so if her nerves don't get the best of her I think she has what it takes ... but to be surrounded by kindred spirits ... in a place where the creativity in her soul is allowed to thrive (while she maintains a 3.0 in her academics) ... I think will be an amazing experience for her ... and will definitely give her an advantage when she tries to get into post-secondary schools for art .... right now ... she wants to take her art skills and either be an art teacher or a tattoo artist ... but we shall see what happens over the course of the next few years ... I am very excited for her though ... very glad that she has this opportunity ... I will be nervous myself until the day we receive the acceptance letter ... and if we receive a letter of a different kind ... well, then we will take what we can learn from it and she can try again the next year, or not ... depending on her thoughts and feelings ... but overall we're both very excited!
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...