Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

I Love Spring ...

I went outside today to go pick my kids up from school ... I had no idea how gorgeous it was outside .... you know being in a basement with an underground window and all ;)

It feels like spring ...

Being Colorado and all I'm sure that we're still in for some cold days ... and I don't mind that too much, but my favorite seasons here in Colorado are spring and fall ... I think a lot of people have a misguided idea about Colorado; thinking it's always cold here ... it's not ... it gets ridiculously hot in the summer and ridiculously cold in the winter ... but being a mountain girl I would have to say that I definitely prefer being cold to being hot ... you can always put on more clothes, and start fires, and turn up the heat (if that's an option) ... but being too hot ... well you can't go further than naked, you can get in the water (if there's water around), and there is air conditioning, but that is a huge energy consumption
.... so really in the end if I had to choose one I would choose to be cold ... but what I love about Colorado in both the fall and the spring is that it is just perfect ... not too hot, not too cold ... it's just plain perfect ....


I am looking forward to next week ... when I get my kids back from their dad ... and being able to walk to pick them up from school ... that will be good for my new journey ... and I do just love being out in the fresh air in the spring ...

I feel like everything is looking up ... even though things still are relatively unchanged ... and the weather is just another part of that ... so bring on spring ... and I will try to enjoy it the best I can before the 100 degree days hit us in a few months :)
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...