Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

Quakes & Waves ...

I was playing COD on the XBox last night when the people in our lobby started talking about the earthquake in Japan ... and the tsunamis ... and the tsunami warnings that Hawaii, Alaska and the west coast were under ... I got off the xbox and hopped online to look at some of the news and then I saw my Godbrother posted the information on the evacuations in Washington, Oregon and California ... it was around 3am at that point and I just had to get some sleep ....

I figured I'd wake up to more news ... to people on Facebook that would be talking about it ... but not so much ... I had one friend who is in Hawaii right now on business ... his hotel was evacuated and he was moved to another hotel ... he shared some pictures ... and a few handfuls of friends that said something about it ... but overall there has been a remarkable quietness ...

Maybe it's just too soon ... I noticed that Zynga is already fundraising for the Red Cross & Save the Children for earthquake
and tsunami relief ... and I saw on the news that a handful of celebrities have spoken out ... but so far this just doesn't feel like the outreach/outcry I normally see after a major disaster ...

I am grateful for so much ... for the people in Tokyo that remained almost unaffected ... for my friend that was evacuated before a small tsunami engulfed the lower floors of the hotel he was staying in ... for my Godbrother and his fellow US Coast Guard members for keeping our shores alerted and safe ...

For the lives and relative health of my little family .... there always is a sense of mortality that comes at times like these ... I think the outreach/outcry is coming ... maybe just more slowly than usual ...
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...