Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

Clingy ... Like Static ....

Okay, so I'm going to take a break from venting about my personal life to dive into the World of Warcraft (shocking I know) ... and some of the issues that have come up there over the last few years ... I urge those of you that don't play the silly little game to read this anyway ... because honestly, it applies to people in many areas of life, from work to school, to that one annoying neighbor ...


When Cataclysm was released on December 7 ... I dove right in ... tied for the first 85 in our guild (will explain guilds in a second as it is relevant) ... was having fun with new leveling areas, new races (they released a werewolf race with the Cataclysm expansion ... very exciting) ... and new end-game content .... but then .... like a cheese grater in my social heaven .... came the "annoying ones" ... I know I sound like a bitch ... and sorry for that ... I'm really not ... but when you use a game as an escape from reality ... that's exactly what you want it to be ...

So, I am part of a guild with over 300 characters ... among 100+ real life people ... so over one hundred living, breathing people are sitting behind their keyboards and play in this same guild/group as I do .... basically 10-15 million people are active World of Warcraft players around the world at any given time, they are then broken down into about three hundred "realms" or servers .... so on a server there are still tens if not hundreds of thousands of people ... guilds give you an
opportunity to group up with people with similar goals and interests and personalities ... to form a smaller group that allows you to have a group of people to ask for help when you need it and group up with for group quests and dungeons, etc., .... well recently ... there have been a couple, but really just one person ... in our guild ... that just won't leave me alone ... sends me private messages constantly ... asks me to do things constantly and when I say I'm busy or trying to achieve a goal of my own gets snarky ... like it's my job to entertain this person ... I've dealt with this before ... but it actually makes me not want to play ... more because I'm afraid of hurting their feelings or getting sucked into doing something I don't want to do than anything else ... in "real life" these issues have come up ... the clingy friend, the clingy co-worker, the neighbor that is constantly asking you what you're doing and wanting to include themselves in it ... I am a social being ... and I love people in general ... but sometimes they just are grating on my nerves ...

I think that because of everything else going on with me and wanting to escape into the fantasy land that is the world of Azeroth (the name of the actual world in world of warcraft) ... I find it more annoying than usual to deal with the static cling of people like that ... because I deal with enough crap outside of game ... I just don't want it there ... but I will deal ... I have characters on other servers ... and other such things as well ... but sometimes I just wish people would take a hint ...
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...