Search This Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm back ... An Update on Life ...

So it's been a while ... a long while ... and the reasons for that are mostly good ...

Okay ... so my life hasn't completely turned around ... but there is more of a light at the end of the tunnel than there was before ... and I haven't been writing because I have been genuinely busy ...

Now some of my fellow writers will probably find it funny that I have an entire list of blog titles that I put down so I could go back and write the blogs later ... only now
I look at the titles and I wonder what the frack I was thinking about because I don't remember ...

So here is my update on life ... I have been going to school full time ... completing all my prerequisites for nursing school ... in May those classes will be done and I should start nursing school in the fall ... which makes me very happy ...

I had a job at an Alzheimer's Center for about six months ... toward the end of my employment there it was clear that the powers that be (whatever you believe in) didn't want me working there any longer ... I only worked two days a week ... two 12 hour shifts ... but something kept coming up every time it was time to go to work ... I was rear-ended on the freeway ... I had strep throat ... my grandmother passed away ... in the meantime I was offered another job ... one at a hospital ... a world renowned hospital ... with perfect hours ... better pay ... and a great chance for advancement ... so that is where I am now ...

My hours vary per week from 12ish to 40+ ... some of that discrepancy is dependent on patients, but some is because the position allows me to say "hey, I can't work this week because I have a ton of homework" ... so the lack of reliability leaves me still living in my mom's basement ... but I have my own money to do things, etc., ... so it feels far less like a prison than it did before ... although it still has its moments ...

So I touched on it, but my last living grandparent passed away in September ... it was an amazing experience for me that I will touch on in a later blog ... but I was with her when she passed ...

My kids are doing well ... my oldest has had to deal with a lot of disappointment ... something else I'll touch on in another blog ... my relationship is doing great as well ...

I am finally finding the balance between work, school, life and fun ... and I think I have found the time and place to write ... again ... so my blogging should be more frequent ... and I think it will be good for me to get some thoughts out of my head ....
Creative Commons License

All material is copyrighted please see the Permissions page for information on sharing or re-posting information ... full permission is always given for sharing links to full articles via social networks or email.

Top Three Blogs For The Last Thirty Days ...

My Most Viewed Blogs Ever ...